Vapouround Magazine is the global leader in vape trade publications with a presence in every e-cigarette market worldwide.
Currently, the company portfolio consists of a flagship publication in the UK & ROI, a Canadian publication and a Spanish publication.
Each magazine also has its own website and blog. All Vapouround Magazines are produced at the company’s Derby HQ.
Why join the Vapouround team?
At Vapouround, we work with each other in mind. Every department interlinks with the others, in a fast-growing, ever changing environment. We like to think we have the best team in the business with new opportunities around every corner. So if you are a hard working professional looking for a role in a budding and exciting industry, apply for one of our vacancies.
At Vapouround, you won’t just have a job. You’ll have a career.
The successful candidates will be working on a world-renowned magazine, plus many other bespoke projects such as exhibition artwork, branding and web design.
The key role will involve editorial design and creating advertisements, working closely with a variety of client branding guidelines.
With thorough knowledge of Creative Cloud and with the ability to work independently and on group projects, successful applicants will mainly concentrate on Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Sufficient animation / video creation skills would also be advantageous but are not essential.
The chosen candidate will be expected to be flexible and attend at least two out of office events each year to represent the company.
This is a full-time position with overtime.
Previous graphic design and adobe creative suite experience is essential.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
We are currently seeking two journalists to join our fast-paced, expanding editorial team. Both roles require hardworking team players, with a special focus on both news and feature writing. Successful candidates will be required to write for both online and print media across a number of magazine titles.
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience writing news stories and feature articles
- Precision in fact checking
- Excellent interview skills
- File copy to deadlines
- Creative vision
- On the job learner
Knowledge of the vape and CBD industries preferred but not essential. Bachelor’s degree in journalism would be preferred.
While it would be beneficial to know about the vape and CBD industries, this is not essential. Training will be provided and the successful candidates will be expected to be fast learners on the job.
- Become a part of an exciting, expanding editorial team.
- Join a rapidly growing international-focused company.
- 25 days of annual leave, including public holidays.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Full time, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- Occasional weekend work may be required
NOTE: PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR CV AND JOURNALISTIC PORTFOLIO.
- Business Development. Finding, pitching and closing new businesses within the UK, European and worldwide markets.
- Account Management. Develop and manage existing accounts and maintain relationships with current clients.
- Generating new leads and growing your own client base.
Experience / Requirements:
- Essential – You must have experience generating your own leads and cold calling – this is an outbound sales role
- Telesales: 1 year
- Experience within a sales office, selling a product over the phone
- Working towards and achieving weekly and daily targets
- Experience working within an administrative position and computer literate
- Excellent phone manner
- Outgoing and positive character
- Meeting KPI’s set by management
- Well-spoken and confident with a professional approach
- Engaging personality to build rapport quickly with customers
- Target driven and able to work towards deadlines
- Confident in speaking to a wide range of people
- Occasional weekend work for exhibitions and shows
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission + bonuses
- Progression within months of joining
- 25 days holiday (including public holidays)
- A friendly and fun office environment
- Opportunity to attend shows and events in the UK and abroad
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Propose new ideas and concepts for marketing campaigns
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics
- Form and manage key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Work with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Ensure that our brand image and online presence are optimised effectively and efficiently
- Produce creative content, including blog posts
- Form media partnerships, identify, research and plan expos to run smoothly and liaise with exhibition organisers to ensure agreements are fulfilled
You will need to have:
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Excellent team work and networking skills
- Good organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good knowledge of the vape industry
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
The role reports to the Finance Director in a high volume environment, the Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ensure the timely processing of all invoices and credit notes
- Ensure all invoices and credit notes are entered correctly
- Ensure all invoices and credit notes are addressed correctly
- Ensure all invoices and credit notes are coded correctly
- Liaise with sites and suppliers regarding invoice queries
- All other duties or tasks as requested by your line manager
The successful applicant will have:
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of written and numerical literacy.
- Must have a flexible approach and be a team player
- Must have a professional telephone manner
- Must be computer literate
We are looking for someone to help our growing distribution team at our Derby warehouse.
The successful applicant will be keeping our distribution lists up to date, communicating with the teams at the main office, assisting the Distribution Director with day-to-day running of Vapouround distribution.
You will be required to help in the warehouse from time to time and you must be a team player.This job role is a key role within the Vapouround distribution team.
The successful candidate must be:
A logical thinker
A team player
Willing to learn on the job
Have a good telephone manner
Be able to work to deadlines
Carry out some repetitive work
Be confident in work
Distribution experience preferred but not essential
Microsoft Excel knowledge preferred but not essential